Cherry cheesecake is an indulgent dessert that’s perfect for almost any occasion. And in honor of National Cherry Cheesecake Day–that being April 23rd–we have a recipe that’s so delicious, you’ll want to make it all the time. And can. Easily. More importantly, this cherry cheesecake recipe is a simple base that gives you plenty of room to add whatever your kids crave: chocolate chips, strawberries, blueberries, or even bananas. We won’t pretend that makes it any healthier, but the tasty possibilities are as endless as your kids’ imagination! [photo via flickr]
Graham Cracker Crust Recipe
- 2 cups of finely crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 3 ounces of soft butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup of white granulated sugar
- In a small bowl, mix all three ingredients together. Stir well until the butter/margarine has fully melted.
- Pour the mixture in a nine inch pie pan or pie tin. Carefully press the mixture into the pan. Press down flat along the bottom and sides.
- Bake the crust for about ten minutes
- Take out the crust and cool until it’s ready to use.
Cherry Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 pre-made graham cracker crust(or follow our recipe above)
- 2 packages of softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups fresh pitted cherries or 1 can cherry pie filling
- Mix the two packages of softened cream cheese with sugar and condensed sweetened milk.
- Beat until smooth using a wooden spoon or electric mixer.
- Pour the mixture into the crust and place it in the fridge for three hours or until firm.
- Right before serving, top off the pie with two cups of fresh cherries or the cherry filling, spreading evenly.
- Serve and enjoy!