Many women in today’s age suffer from the concerning issue of low sex drive, which is probably causes disruptions and damage to their love life when their partners seem to not understand what is going on with them. Medication like Addyi/Flibanserin combats the low libido in women, you can get Addyi coupon here.
You probably might be someone tackling the same problem right now, hence you are here if not for the knowledge purpose.
However, now women suffering from low libido concerns do not have to worry any further since there are treatments and medicines out there to this that can return their original sexual desire back and strengthen their relationship with their spouse. In this blog, we are sharing with you brief information about Addyi/Flibanserin, its uses, and its side effects.
What is Addyi/Flibanserin?
A prescription drug called Flibanserin is used to address premenopausal women who have established generalized hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD), which is characterized by low sex drive that significantly affects their quality of life or intimate relationships. You can purchase Flibanserin under the brand: Addyi.
Forms of Flibanserin Dosage
Flibanserin is a 100 mg tablet drug. It must be ingested as per the following:
- Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder: It is recommended for premenopausal women who have procured generalized hypoactive sexual desire disorder (HSDD), which is characterized by low sex drive that provokes noticeable distress or emotional complexity and is not brought on by a concurrent medical or psychological condition, relationship issues, or the adverse effects of a prescription medication or other chemicals.
- Oral ingestion of 100 mg just before bedtime.
- It is drugged before bedtime due to increased risks of hypotension, syncope, unintentional trauma, and central nervous system depressive symptoms with administration throughout wakefulness.
- It is recommended to stop the use of the drug after no improvement over a span of 8 months.
- Missed Dosage
- Offer the patient instructions to swallow the next pill at nighttime the next day if a tablet is skipped at bedtime.
- It is recommended not to double the patient’s next dose.
- It is not recommended for pediatric use.
- Dosage Inspection
- The term “acquired HSDD” describes HSDD that manifests in an individual who had no earlier prior issues with sexual urges.
- Generalized HSDD is HSDD that manifests in all partners, situations, and types of stimulus.
- Limitations of Use
- Both postmenopausal women and men are not recommended for HSDD.
- Not recommended to improve sex performance.
Side Effects of Flibanserin
The most commonly occurring side effects of Addyi drug include the following:
- spinning sensation (vertigo)
- Unusual bleeding from the uterus
- central nervous system melancholy
- abdominal pain
- mouth dryness
- low blood pressure
- sedation state
There may be other negative effects because not all potential ones are listed in this guide. For further details on side effects, it is recommended that you speak with your practitioner.
- Alcohol usage is not recommended since it raises the risk of significant hypotension and syncope.
- Consider the patient’s previous and present drinking patterns as well as other relevant social and medical history when determining whether to prescribe Flibanserin to a patient.
- Encourage individuals who are administered Flibanserin to refrain from drinking alcohol.
- Flibanserin is only made available through a restricted program run within a Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) known as the ADDYI REMS Program attributable to the inflated risk of hypotension and syncope that is caused by a combination with alcohol.
Not everyone experiences success with Addyi/Flibanserin. However, in randomized placebo-controlled clinical trials, 46–60% of women experiencing HSDD, or slightly more than half, reported having experienced a distinct effect from Flibanserin. However, Flibanserin has been proven effective in combating low sexual drive.
It is recommended to be kept at room temperature, and protected from light and moisture. Also, keep out of the washroom and away from youngsters and house pets.