It’s Christmas, and what goes better with the holiday than eggnog? In fact, eggnog is to Christmas what pumpkin spice is to Thanksgiving. It begins to make an appearance in everything from drinks to eats. This eggnog/cheesecake combo from allrecipes.com is sure to please everyone with its smooth texture and rich taste. The secret to this recipe’s smoothness is creaming the cream cheese in a food processor for several minutes–and it’s a secret that’ll get you wishing it were Christmas all year long! [Photo via Leigh Beisch, Dan Becker at myrecipes.com]
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons white sugar
3 tablespoons melted butter
3 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
¾ cup eggnog
2 tablespoons rum
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, 2 tbspns sugar and butter. Press into the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool.
4. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
5. In a food processor combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, flour and eggnog; process until smooth. Blend in eggs, rum and nutmeg. Pour mixture into cooled crust.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
7. Reduce heat to 250 and bake for 45 minutes, or until center of cake is barely firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and immediately loosen cake from rim. Let cake cool completely before removing the rim.
This recipe yields one 9-inch cake. Prep time is about 30 minutes for this recipe with a bake time of 55 minutes. Expect this delicious eggnog cheesecake to be ready to eat in about 1 hour and 25 minutes. Refrigerate any leftovers.
- In place of the rum, you can use rum extract or vanilla extract.
- Use a water bath in the oven to keep the cake moist and prevent cracking.
- This recipe easily converts to make mini single-serving cheesecakes, too.