It’s hard for my family to really get together now for the holidays since most of us are spread around. When we do get together, there are a few pictures taken but nothing that would have us saying, “Oh, wow I remember that Christmas!” The pictures that we do take has everyone sitting, squished up on a couch and hoping that the photographer is getting a good one so that we don’t have to redo the whole scene. Does this sound familiar?
If you’re like me, you’re wanting a little more oomph this Christmas season, something to remember and even brag about a bit. Grab a few supplies and make your own Christmas backdrop scene! It doesn’t have to be anything really flashy or glamorous, but it should show a little Christmas cheer.
– Hats, scarves and gloves
– Small, pre-lit trees
– Empty, wrapped gift boxes
– Blanket (gray and green)
– Tissue Paper
– Any other fun, decorative items you can think of
Directions (This is the fun part!)
1. Attach the gray blanket to the wall. If that doesn’t work for you, use a heavy twine or even put together PVC pipe to drape the blanket over.
2. Lay the green blanket on the floor so that it can take the effect of grass.
3. Add your pre-lit Christmas trees to the scene.
4. Cut up the tissue paper into small pieces so that your guests can use them to throw in the air as snowflakes.
5. Use the mixture of hats, gloves and scarves for an even more wintery scene.
6. Use the empty, wrapped gift boxes and place them around the area.
If you have a printer that can be used to print out photos, your guests can take the pictures home with them the same night after the party. This would be a great keepsake for them.
Will this be on your Christmas to-do list?
Photo credit: Thinkstock