Ever go to a restaurant and you tasted the best dish you ever had and wondered how they made it? Well, I did. I took a family member out to eat one evening and had the best pasta dish that I ever ate, so I searched out on how to make the it at home. I can’t say that it came out exactly like the pasta dish at the restaurant, but it was close enough and really good. There are quite a few recipes that are a copycat of the restaurant versions and I’ve got a couple to share that are easy to prepare.
Just Like KFC Biscuits
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 dash salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
½ cup butter
¾ cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Cut in 1/2 cup butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in the buttermilk. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead 2 minutes. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet, roll into a 6×6 inch square, and cut into 12 even sections. Do not separate.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted in the center of the square comes out clean. Separate into biscuits, and serve hot.
Applebee’s 3 Cheese Penne Pasta
2 chicken breasts
1/3 cup Italian salad dressing
3 cups penne pasta
15 ounces Alfredo sauce
8 ounces Italian cheese, shredded (Mozzarella, Parmesan, Provolone)
1 teaspoon basil
2 -3 garlic cloves
6 tablespoons olive oil
- Chop Chicken and marinade in Italian dressing for 30 minute.
- Chop tomatoes, add oil chopped Garlic and basil to make bruschetta. Set aside.
- Cook Penne in boiling water.
- Grill or broil Chicken.
- Divide pasta between two microwavable bowls.
- Pour Alfredo sauce over the pasta in each bowl.
- Add a layer of Chicken.
- Add a layer of shredded cheese.
- Microwave for 3 min, or longer if previously chilled till cheese is melted.
- Serve with Garlic bread.
McDonald’s Homemade Shamrock Shake
2 cups mint chocolate chip ice cream
1 cup milk
¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender.
- Pour the shake into frosty glasses.
- Top off with your favorite whipped cream.
What is your favorite restaurant dish that you would like to make at home?
Photo Credit: Thinkstock