We were pretty pleased with our guide to healthy Super Bowl snacks, but we still thought popcorn was underrepresented. We had certainly done our research for National Popcorn Day in January, though, and kept this recipe in reserve for the big game. It can certainly be a manly popcorn dish. You’ll want this popcorn recipe to be more savory than spicy for your child, so measure the flavorful additions to taste. This is also a pretty healthy chipotle/ranch/popcorn combo. It will satisfy the munchies and it is easy enough to make that you can always have some on hand. [image via flickr]
- 1 (1 ounce) package (2 tablespoons) ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chili pepper, or chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 quarts popped popcorn
- Cooking spray
- Stir together ranch salad dressing mix, chipotle pepper and garlic salt in a small bowl.
- Lightly spray popcorn with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mix over popcorn; toss and serve.
- Store remaining seasoning mix in an airtight container for future use.
This recipe is perfect for parties. Just whip up a big batch and serve in a large bowl. And to make mixing everything together easier, place popcorn in a brown paper bag, add seasoning, fold top of the bag over, and give it a shake.