Who doesn’t love French fries? Eat them as a snack or paired them with any burger, sandwich or wrap for a hearty meal. During the summer months, these addicting deep-fried potatoes make the perfect addition to any barbeque. Since we’re in that time of the year, one recipe you’ll want to try is homemade crispy seasoned French fries. Just like Lays Potato Chips, you can’t eat just one. [photo via allrecipes]
July 13th is National French Fries Day. Wouldn’t it make sense to try out this recipe now in honor of this food holiday? Homemade crispy seasoned French fries delivers a bold, salty taste that leaves you satisfied. In addition, you can always dip the fries in ketchup, ranch dressing, cheese sauce, or anything else your heart desires. This recipe from Allrecipes.com is one that the whole family will love…
- 2 ½ pounds russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup water, or as needed
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
1. Slice potatoes into French fries and then place them into cold water while you prepare the oil. This will help prevent the fries from turning brown.
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. As the oil is heating, sift the flour, garlic salt, onion salt, regular salt, and paprika into a large bowl. Slowly stir water into the mixture. You want there to be enough water so that the mixture can be drizzled from a spoon.
3. One at a time, dip potato slices into the batter. Proceed to place them into the hot oil. Make sure to keep fries separate in the oil to prevent clumping. Fry until golden brown and crispy.
4. Once you’re done, remove the fries and drain them on paper towels.
This recipe only takes 25 minutes to cook up a fantastic treat. That’s right, it takes only a 15-minute prep time and a 10-minute cook time to make these French fries. The recipe serves eight, so gather your family and friends around the kitchen table. Thanks to the batter used, the French fries stay crispy, even if you reheat them in the microwave. Grab a handful of fries, take out your dip of choice, and enjoy these homemade crispy seasoned French fries.