No Halloween meal is complete without a side dish–and this one takes the creepy cake. Enjoy this howlingly good Halloween Pasta from food.com combines green pasta and an orange cream sauce for a ghoulish mealtime addition everyone will love.
Prep: 2 minutes Cook: 10 minutes Yield: 1 pound
1 lb pasta
green food coloring
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups whole milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup cheddar cheese
orange food coloring
1 teaspoon black sesame seed
1. Add 10-20 drops of green food coloring to the boiling water for the pasta.
2. If you want it more green, add more food coloring to pasta after you drain it. It will absorb the color and create some darker and lighter strands.
3. Melt butter in a small sauce pan and add flour, cook for 1 minute.
4. Add milk and stir/whisk until incorporated.
5. Add salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
6. Stir in cheese.
7. Add 10 drops orange food coloring.
8. Spoon orange cream sauce over green pasta and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.